Thursday, June 28, 2007

Back from a hellish week

Aloha!

As part of my last minute preparations for the CTs, I decided to chain and lock up this laptop till CTs are over. Hence I was unable to blog, check email or go online.

Anyway, now that the chain has been removed that the CTs are finally over, I am blogging again!

Ok, so after being gangb***ed by the physics paper this morning, I went to catch TRANSFORMERS with some frens. Initially, I didnt really want to watch it as I never really liked the cartoon series (unlike Spiderman or xmen). However, the film really exceeded all my expectations with cool graphics, scenes and overall feel. Gabby and I were just discussing how long did they take to make one single frame during the fight scenes. I estimated around 1 day for one frame. And the movie ws 2.5 hours long. It turns out that the computer generated image of Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, is composed of 10,108 parts in order to make it look 3D. The guns of ironhide is made up of ten thousand parts each. Pretty tedious work, huh?

Anyway, I realised that 10 Downing street has recently changed occupants. Well, good luck to Gordon on his new job, and good bye to Tony for a decade of prime ministering.

And finally, I would like to quote a line from an ex-British PM, Winston churchill. After some battle, he famously proclaimed, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." I felt maybe this was a bit applicable to all J1s, cos although CT1s are over, it is merely "perhaps, the end of the beginning."

But nevertheless, let us all celebrate this feeling of joy and relaxation by remembering the famous native american proverb that Martin Luther King Jr said in his 1964 I have a dream speech, "Free at last. Free at last. Thank god almighty we are free ar last!"

No comments:

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!