Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Elections

I love elections. I love watching elections taking place. I like to sit at one corner and not be in the spotlight and just watch and analyse people campaigning. It's fun. Politics is cool.

I remember that during GE 2006, my dad and I were analysing all the important constituencies one by one. We will then watch the news for highlights of the more interesting rallies and comments from the candidates. We will then scold and curse and swear at the smart-aleck candidates, much to the disapproval of my mum. But who cares? Certainly not the Hus.

As I was having CTs during that time, I could only attend election rallies on the last day. The atmosphere was electrifying. I don;t hate all politicians, but my dad has a grudge against all politicians. He told me this, "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed regularly for the same reasons."

Anyway, I don't want to talk about political elections. There are non-political ones as well. Just like the student council elections taking place right now. The candidates are very enthu. I like that. I also like the fact that the quantity of posters for each candidate is limited to 20. I still shiver when I recall the spammage of posters back in 2003,4,5,6. They put the posters inside the urinals, and when I see the cheeky grins in front of my privates, I can't seem to pee. But today I saw a smiling female face right inside the urinal of the ground toilet at the amphi. I almost urinated on my shoes. Campaigners should realise that putting their faces in front of exposed and vulnerable privates would not do good to their campaigns.

As an impartial journalist and critical voter, I cannot publicise names in my blog. However, I would just like to remind all readers to vote wisely and vote for the people who you think are the most sincere, most qualified, and most importantly, the people who will serve you well. Politicians use gimmicks and incentives and carrot-stick approaches to try (mostly in futile, as demonstrated by Hougang and Potong Pasir) to win over the voters. But please note that our council campaigners are not politicians. So vote wisely. Vote for that genuine smile instead of the flashy one.

No comments:

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!