Sunday, April 1, 2007

Back from bridge camp

April fools!

Bridge camp was FUN! It was a nice get-away from school, and it was definitely better than the typical weekend i would have spent if I had not gone for the camp.

On the first day, we played duplicates bridge. After day 1 of action, Team 10 comprising Kiat Wee/Leon, YJ/me finished off ranked as 6th of out 10 teams. Not too good, but there is the 2nd day. after dinner that night, we watched a horror flick-Shutter. Not very scary but YJ and I were freaked out nevertheless. It's amazing what we can say when we scared to our balls. YJ started to make all the confessions he would never make when he was sober, but during the movie, all his inner-most feelings leaked out. After the movie, we went for a night walk. The entire school was quite dark by then- it was past 11pm. I went with Kiat Wee and Joshua. I hated the female toilet. we have to walk through this female toilet in the dark and the walls of the toilet were smeared with blood. The basins were filled with sick stuff, and the mirrors were freaky. If someone was hiding in the cubicle and jumped out when I was walking past, I would have died. seriously.

After the nightwalk, Muhd, Morgan, Alvin and I played hearts like crazy. We wanted to go all the way to 1000 points (shoot moon 40 times can already) , but we stopped at 3.30am. In the end, they were sabo-ing me like crazy. Unfair.

The next morning there was this treasure hunt thingy. Quite cool and very fun. The stations were all very creative and the route was well-planned. After lunch we played the second session of duplicates bridge. YJ and I were very inspired and we played amazing well, moving the team up 2 ranks and propelling the team to the semi-finals. We made some very lucky contracts and 3NT turned out to be our saviour! WOO HOO!

Then in the semis, we faced a strong team which has a J2 pair, Emm and Pet. Our strategy was to let Leon and Kiat Wee do the defending against the J2 pair while Yj and I do the aggressive attacking against the pair of J1 girls. We played well. In terms of points, Yj and I made 200 points while Emm and Pet only made 100. But in terms of IMPs, we lost by 2 IMPs. So we missed out on a top2 finishing. Kudos to Leon and Kiat wee for playing well and staying composed against the J2s. well done also to my partner Yj for remaining focused despite the distractions. Rite, YJ?

Sat night was station games. Marco and sky Koh were super funny during the robot man challenge, OMG! The charades station was also super entertaining. After station games, Muhd Alvin and woonie played hearts. Initially we wanted to play through the night, but we succumbed to exhaustion and went to sleep.

After breaking camp on Sun morning, I went home immediately. Was too tired. Then, while climbing the fence on my way out of the school compound, I lost grip and fell on top of the fence. OUCH! Luckily I used my thighs to break the fall and did not expose the crucial organs to the sharp parts on top of the fence.

After reaching home i slept from 10am to 5pm. Upon waking up, I realised that I have won a pair of movie tickets for having my book review published by the YC sections of the Sunday Times. Who should I go watch movie with? haha, I think i donate to my sister lah...

No comments:

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!