Friday, July 6, 2007

right arm hurts

This morning was unlike other mornings. I woke up with an excruciating pain searing through my entire right arm. The pain was beyond description. It woke me up immediately, functioning better than any alarm clock on Earth. In the darkness, I tried to stay calm. I had experienced no such pain before, but I was quite sure it will go away.

It was a terrible mis-judgement on my part. The pain subsided a little, but never left my right arm. I couldn't use it to brush my teeth. I couldn't use it in the toilet. I couldn't use it to do the so many little things it had executed so humbly, without complaint, over the years. My right arm was my best friend, and it was going to die.

I thought of all my dreams, perhaps going down the drain because my right arm couldn't perform its functions. Cycling to Paris, the KL ex, the aviation dream... Was this the end of things?

Well, obviously my right arm has returned to life. I went to see my old friend, a Chinese physician immediately after school. This guy was the guy who healed my fractured index finger 2 years ago. This guy was the guy who brought my sister's knees back into action after a sport injury.

Using herbs and heat, he treated my arm, slowly bending the injured nerves back into position. I trust his unorthodox methods more than western medicine. It was worth the long wait I had to endure before my turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!