Wednesday, October 17, 2007

RISK




Risk is a really educational game. Other than learning abt geography (which is very very important), we learn about risk taking, stragetic planning, alliance forming, dice rolling, etc.


I played 3 games today. Wild boar, after beating me during the first game and forcing me to concede the 2nd (since it was time for physics lecture) decided (wisely) to not play the 3rd game. Instead, Gabby and Muhd entered the fray against my blue troops.



The 1st game with wild boar was not good. I started quite well, managing to invade the Dark Continent (Africa) and Latin Amercia, before conquering Europe and attacking North America. However, with some really good dice rolling, the wild boar attacked (hard) and whacked my troops into dispair. We had to seek refuge in Harry Truman's land.


My blue troops were severly outnumbered. wild boar had achieved domination of Asia, Oceania, Africa and South Amercia. With his stronghold in Venezuela and Iceland, I could not fight back.

Second game was a tough and very even fight between wild boar and me. Using key places like Middle East, Egpyt and Northern Africa, the fight was difficult. My europe was under attack. (See the video above). Wild boar and his advisor.

Third game was longest and arguably the most exciting. Started off with gabby muhd and I.

Using Australia to back my Siam troops, I defended Asia from Gabby's green army. Using also Southern Europe to attack Africa, I expanded my blue troops into Africa. The blue empire strtched across South Asia all the way to Europe. We are strong. (see above)

The muhd and gabby decided to form an alliance against me! Fine. The brave and gallant blue troops fought hard, just like the Spartans in the Battle of Thermopalae (spelling not sure) when King Leonidius's (spelling not sure) 300 spartans soldiers fought against Xerxes' many many Persian soldiers. With Gabby attacking from Greenland, Afghanisation and Ural, and muhd attacking from the South, my troops could not withstand such heavy fire.

hahah Risk is such a fun game.

No comments:

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!