Saturday, December 22, 2007

I am very much grateful to all of you

Things are turning out fine for me. Slowly but surely, there is progress. With response from schools getting better and Samuel working harder than ever to pull in more schools, I am quietly confident that Thingsyoucando! will create history in Singapore as the first youth-led major initiative that advocates action and awareness at the same time. Even Primary Schools and Special Schools are joining hands with us to make this project a success.

Yesterday was a tiring day. Together with Zi Jian (Film Soc vice chair) and Ming Quan (Alchemy Club chair) we worked 7 hours straight, skipping lunch, and pausing only for toilet breaks and the occasional chat, to produce the backbone of the Thingsyoucando slides and the complete production of the trailer. The trailer has been a long story. When I flew back from Bali, I immediately sent an email to Zi Jian, persuading him to produce the trailer for Thingsyoucando!... I alone cannot do much... But Thingsyoucando is a beauty in itself. With zero funding (as yet), minimal advice from RJC, we still managed to pull through to today. Why?

The answer is... friends.

Without friends I am nothing. I am useless. But with the support of Alex Goh and his talented team of artists, we produced the posters. With the support of Zi Jian, we produced the trailer. With the help of Samuel, we managed to contact all the schools in Singapore. With the support of Calvin, we will produce the video. With the support of Arun, Ming Quan, Muhd, Nick, Thingsyoucando held firm. With the support of WWF (Singapore), NEA, SEC, ECO, and even CNA we found support and advice. With the support of an MP, Dr. Fatimah Lateef, we found hope. With the support of my overseas friends, in particular Renzo and Anthony, I found encouragement. With the support of my family members, I found strength.

Without the support of my friends, Thingsyoucando would never have been born.

The Thingsyoucando! report, Conversation for Conversation pre-planning report and the Hu Ching 2007 Year End Review will be published next week on my blog.

Thank you so much. Hu Ching is not perfect, and never will be, but he loves all his friends.

And he is grateful to all.

RJC is indeed a place of talents.

No comments:

 
my pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!